Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Skeptical Smirk: Carl Kolchak



Darren McGavin Kolchak, the Night Stalker ABC 1974-1975
 I don't know when exactly I was in this office last. Some ways, it seems like I never left. But no, that's not right. For at least a few days I was away, far away, in the hands of men with no faces and no names. They broke me down, broke my story down, telling me how it hadn't happened the way I claimed. At least, that's what I think they did, between injections. Memories fade fast enough without chemical help, but if I don't tell this story now, I don't think I ever will.

F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote, "The rich are different than you and me." They sure are. They got more money.

I promised I'd show up with a haircut, a new hat, and pressed suit... but I lie a lot.

There's two things that just can't be rushed - anyone who is paid by the hour, and an office-building elevator.

We all have rats, sir. You should see the one I work for.

Son, I've seen more dead bodies than you've had TV dinners.

Captain Leo Winwood and I had a relationship that was long and bloody, like the Crusades, only without the chivalry.

If you want a job done right, you just have to foul it up yourself.

You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.

Carl Kolchak: Exactly what don't you like about this hat?
Tony Vincenzo: What's under it.

Tony Vincenzo: You know, I once thought about entering the priesthood-...
Carl Kolchak: Then the Inquisition ended, and all of the fun went out of it for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment