Perhaps Marvin D. Mangus' most important and beloved painting mentor was Roger M. Rittase. He came up to Anchorage, Alaska in the late-sixties or early-seventies for a visit, but the joyous occasion and its highly-anticpated plein aire painting jaunts were marred because Roger was already suffering from profound and heartbreaking dementia. I grew up with Roger's atmospheric landscape paintings in our house and my father often spoke warmly of his friend and mentor. I grabbed these images and stats from the world-wide web.
Roger M. Rittase
- 1899 (Littlestown, Pennsylvania)
- 1975 (Lebanon, Pennsylvania) United States
* Easel Painting
* Oil Paint
* Society of Washington Artists (DC)
* Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
* Society of Washington Artists, DC
* Corcoran Gallery School of Art, Student
* Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Student
* School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Student
* Art Educator: School Teaching, Public Lectures, Workshops
The great Roger M. Rittase, an artistic giant, to the Mangus family.