Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Harry Bertoia: Sonambient Sound Sculpture Recordings - The VintageVinyl LP Covers

Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia


Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia



Harry Bertoia


These are the original vinyl LP album titles. Harry Bertoia's work fascinates me. I had never heard of him until recently -- when I began learning about Mid-Century Modern design. He is such a creative artist that I put him on a par with Paul Klee. I don't recall learning about him at all in my art school years of the seventies. He's really something. 

You can hear some of his "Somambient" recordings for free on YouTube. I enjoy playing them at a low volume level right as I start to lay down to go to sleep.















No comments:

Post a Comment