Sunday, August 12, 2018

On the Reading Table: "No Middle Name: The Complete Collected JackReacher Stories"

Lee Child

It's been a long time since I've read some mystery/ crime fiction. I've been reading mostly non-fiction for quite a spell. I've long enjoyed the crime fiction writings of Lee Child -- they remind me of the work of another favorite, John D. MacDonald -- which makes perfect sense -- since I read somewhere that Child was inspired by MacDonald in his approach to storytelling. Anyway, I snagged this recent "Jack Reacher" paperback from a "Little Free Library" in Anchorage, and finally started my pleasure reading


"This anthology compiles the complete collection of 'Reacher' short stories to date and includes an original novella, 'Too Much Time,' which leads into 'The Midnight Line' (the 22nd Reacher novel) alongside eleven reader favorites -- 'Deep Down,' 'Everyone Talks,' 'Guy Walks into a Bar,' 'High Heat,' 'James Penney’s New Identity' (the original version which is longer), 'Maybe They Have a Tradition,' 'No Room at the Motel,' 'Not a Drill,' 'Second Son,' 'Small Wars,' and The Picture of the Lonely Diner.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment